Home

Alligators in Lake Conroe

There are alligators in Lake Conroe, Lake Livingston and I know there are mating alligators in Lake Fork just to mention a few fishing and water recreation hot spots. So if you are up around Longview, Texas and think you see an alligator in a wet area you just might be correct On Wednesday night, police were called to Cude Cemetery and FM-1097 near Lake Conroe in Montgomery County after a seven-foot-long, 300-pound alligator was spotted on the road, per Montgomery.

We spotted an alligator while we were out fishing at Lake Conroe! A homeowner spotted a 10-foot-long alligator in her neighborhood early Sunday morning. CONROE, Texas (KTRK) -- Here's something you don't want to see in front of your home in the middle of the. Alligator Sightings Up At Some North Texas Lakes. FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - You may have seen the viral photos of alligators sunbathing at Fort Worth's Nature Center & Refuge. The man behind.

LeBlanc: Alligators are alive and well in - Lake Conro

Never seen an alligator or heard of an alligator attack in Lake Conroe, however they are DEFINATELY in the lake and surrounding creeks and ponds. Do recall they pulled a massive gator out of the Dam that got stuck in the turbines. There's a better chance you'll see one wandering around in Memorial Park Yes we have alligators in Lake Conroe. They are all over East Texas from I 45 to the Louisiana line and on east and down to the Gulf of Mexico. Now that I have that out of the way my first instruction is to not panic and become paranoid about fishing, swimming, boating, and all of the other watersports we enjoy in East Texas and down to the coast Video shot by Tree Richards, of Conroe, shows the boat getting perilously close to two alligators that were apparently sunbathing by the lake. That sucker is bigger than our boat! Richards can. This is the second alligator incident on Lake Conroe this month. About three weeks ago, a nine-foot-long alligator was found hibernating in an April Sound storm sewer some 700 feet inland from the. 23ft ALLIGATOR in lake conroe. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 24 Posts. 1; 2; Next. 1 of 2 Go to page. Go. Last. Alex258 · Registered. Joined May 27, 2006 · 902 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Sep 8, 2006. There was a 23ft alligator shot and killed out of lake conroe..

http://www.tabc-training.comHuge Gator #1The first and second slides were taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe ! (For those of you who are not.. Lake Conroe has to be the greatest fishery, and the greatest example of dedicated management, in the history of Texas Parks and Wildlife. Only a couple of weeks ago, there was a large bass tournament held on that lake. Two bass over 15 lbs. and one bass over 13 lbs. were weighed in Yes we have alligators in Lake Conroe. They are all over East Texas from I 45 to the Louisiana line and on east and down to the Gulf of Mexico. With all of the recent rains and flooding the people in the flood areas had to deal with the high water and also with fire ants,. Information about fishing Lake Conroe Alligator Gar. Alligator Gar Variant Names: Gator Ga

Lake Conroe Gator Says See You Later Houstonia Magazin

Beside above, are there alligators in Lake Conroe? Yes we have alligators in Lake Conroe. They are all over East Texas from I 45 to the Louisiana line and on east and down to the Gulf of Mexico. With all of the recent rains and flooding the people in the flood areas had to deal with the high water and also with fire ants, snake, and yes alligators A KHOU 11 viewer spotted a gator in Lake Conroe! Author: khou.com Published: 6:29 PM CDT May 1, 201 The closest swimming area to Conroe is Lake Conroe Park, which has fishing piers and swimming areas, along with picnic tables, barbecue grills, and volleyball courts if you'd like to make an afternoon of it. Kayaking and boating are fun ways to spend your time at the lake, as well. Are there alligators in Lake Conroe? Yes we have alligators in.

Scott Gaspard's Bass Angler's Journal: Huge Gator Lurks in

ALLIGATOR SPOTTED Lake Conroe - YouTub

Alligator season begins September 10th and ends September 30th. The number of alligators an individual landowner may harvest is based on the acreage and type of habitat owned. Based on data acquired, TPWD allows egg collection, farming, and hunting activities for alligators by permit Big Bad Texas Gator. Posted on September 27, 2006. Here's a story of a very large alligator in Texas. Not the biggest ever, but still pretty damn large. Here's a picture of it taken a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe in Texas with a whole deer in its mouth! Think of how large it has to be to fit an entire deer in its mouth Yes we have alligators in Lake Conroe . They are all over East Texas from I 45 to the Louisiana line and on east and down to the Gulf of Mexico. How much does it cost to rent a boat on Lake Conroe? How much does it cost to rent a boat on Lake Conroe ? Boat rentals on Lake Conroe range in price and start around $120/hour, while you can rent a. Look at the size of this alligator! It has a whole deer in its mouth. These pictures were taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over the west end of Lake Conroe! Lake Conroe is in Conroe, Texas which is about 45 miles north of Houston along IH-45. Wanna go fishing? BTW, I did a quick Internet search, and found out this is a hoax -- it had me going. Lake Conroe is located approximately one hour north of downtown Houston (via IH-45). Extending 21 miles in length and covering 21,000 surface acres, Lake Conroe is the reserve drinking water supply for the City of Houston and offers clean, clear water for a large variety of recreation (boating, fishing, hunting, golfing, swimming, water skiing.

Alligator captured outside home in Conroe - ABC13 Housto

They may not be as populous as they are in the marshes of the coast, but they are present and to answer the obvious question, yes we have alligators in Lake Conroe. When it comes to just what an alligator will eat let me just state that I have never heard of much that they would not eat Re: Lake Conroe gators #2153092. By JimBeaux - Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:23 pm. - Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:23 pm #2153092. Bull gators are aggressive during mating season in early spring & the females get very protective in June-July when nesting & guarding the babies. Keep in mind that your yak just may look like a big gator

Alligator Sightings Up At Some North Texas Lakes - CBS

1. Despite a sign warning people to stay out of the water because of alligators, a 28-year-old man named Tommie Woodward was attacked and killed by one during a late night swim at a Southeast Texas.
  2. All the lakes in Northeast and Southeast Texas have gators. Conroe, Lake Houston, Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend, Fork, Lewisville, Palestine, Etc. They are not aggressive unless a nest or hatchlings are threatened. The problem is, how to keep from threatening them by accident? Personally, I don't swim in anything unless it's made out of concrete
  3. There are certainly some alligators in Canyon Lake. And in the Guadalupe River, too. In fact, Lake Conroe was ranked the deadliest lake in Texas. Since 2000, 22 people died from boating-related incidents on the lake, which is approximately 45 miles north of Houston. Lake Conroe was ranked the deadliest lake in Texas
  4. Canyon Lake is safe as any natural lake. Alligators are just not something we worry about at Canyon Lake. The only alligator-related fatality I know of there is when the wind blew a guy's inflatable alligator away, and he drowned trying to get it back. Choke Canyon is another matter. The state record 14-footer was killed there. 800 pounds of chomp
  5. The Lake Conroe Division's primary functions include: Municipal and industrial raw water supply, reservoir operations, water quality and source water protection, invasive species management, navigational safety, and regulation of structures on the reservoir
  6. The alligator with the deer in it's mouth was photographed by a forest service officer in a lake about 30 miles south of Savannah, Ga. in 2004. I have a boat on Lake Conroe & this gator was not in our lake. You can verify this by going to the U. S. Forest Service web page or snopes.com. Brink 6:34 PM, September 16, 200

(For those of you who are not local, Lake Conroe is in Conroe, TX.) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go skiing on Lake Conroe?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall. This alligator was found between Athens and Palestine, Texas near a house Conroe City Council members unanimously approved awarding a $460,771 contract Nov. 12 to Greenscapes Six LLC for the construction of a hike and bike trail along Alligator Creek from Roberson Park. Originally Posted By: DBmanI think it was taken in my backyard since it is now a swamp from all the rain. Come on people that thing isn't even an alligator. Take a good look at the head. It's a croc. Alligators have long thin snouts. Wake up to the 21st century of computer technology. Don'.. A photographer flying over Cross Lake (or Lake Conroe) in a news helicopter belonging to TV station KTBS of Shreveport, Louisiana. Although the caption indicates that the alligator is in Lake.

Things To Do. Discover Montgomery County and all that lake life has to offer with a stay at our resort. Our island-inspired escape is just a short car or boat ride away from the best things to do in Lake Conroe, from interesting museums and scenic outdoor destinations to family attractions and world-class golf courses 19 alligator incidents in the Houston area you might remember. An alligator is seen in a bayou in Cinco Ranch on March 11, 2019. (KPRC2) HOUSTON - Alligators and humans live in close proximity.

Lake Conroe is a freshwater lake located on the West Fork of the San Jacinto River in Montgomery, Walker and Conroe counties. While, having a surface area of 20 118 acres it has a fluctuation of 1 - 3 feet. Meanwhile, the maximum depth is 75 feet. Further, was constructed in 1973 to supply the city of Houston with water

Alligator Safety around Lake Conroe! (vs

How big is the lake? Well it depends on how you measure it. By surface water, then it covers 22,000 acres. By length and width at its longest and widest points, then it is 26 by 6 miles. Translation- Lake Conroe is big enough to have family time, fish, and have lots of fun Alligators Lake Conroe Feeds USJ and Lake Houston. Deeper Lake than Lake Houston over 90% bulk headed Heard it is good if you ride weekday/early morning.. Not worth my effort so I don't take my boat there.. Usually rough as hell and good for tubing.. I did not have fun surfing here due to being so rough The towns lining the river's lower course below Lake Conroe have increasingly grown into bedroom communities of Houston. Conroe was established as a lumber mill village on the east bank in the early 1880s. Leonidas was founded on the west bank of the lower river in the 1870s. Grangerland became an oil boom town on the east bank in the early 1930s It's long been known that alligators are in lake Hawkins, and they've been spotted before cruising around the swim area. Maybe in search of food or something like that, says Texas game warden Todd Long. It was 3 years ago that a large gator was seen near the Hawkins beach area. But the sightings are no reason for alarm

As Snopes notes, the location associated with the e-mail often varies but may include 1) Cross Lake or Lake Conroe in Louisiana, 2) Lake Martin, Alabama, 3) South Carolina, 4) the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Or, as the latest version notes, Lake Weiss, north of Birmingham, Alabama Conroe police on Tuesday removed this 7-foot, 7-inch alligator from a back yard in the Silverstone subdivision, May 8, 2012. On the night of Thursday, April 16, Harris County Sheriff's Office. Occasionally, alligators may be observed in the lake. History of the Area. In the early 1930's, it was suggested at a meeting of the Huntsville-Walker County Chamber of Commerce that a large public recreation place, in one of the several magnificently timbered areas about Huntsville, be built. Huntsville State Park is located near Conroe. The real Lake Placid alligator page: 1. 7 2 >> log in. join. share: Dr Love. posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:58 AM link . Two of these three pictures were taken by news helicopters over Lake Conroe in Texas. Game wardens had to shoot it once it wandered into the backyard of Charlie and Anita Rogers. It's length was measured at 23'-1

LeBlanc: Alligators range right here at hom

Beach and Swimming Lake Conroe has two public access points for swimming. It is located at 14968 Highway 105 West, Montgomery, Texas 77356, which is on the south side of the lake along TX Highway 105, in between Wolfies Restaurant and Papa's on the Lake Wildlife Removal, Control and Trapping in Conroe, TX. Call Us Today: (832) 356-3506. Serving Conroe and Surrounding Metro Areas, with The Most Humane and Professional Wildlife Removal Service since 2000! Wildlife, Inc provides animal removal services for Conroe, Texas and surrounding metro areas. Wildlife, Inc has helped individuals and. How many acres is Lake Palestine? Steelhead, grayling, tarpon, bass, bonefish, taimen, permit, salmon fishing? Deputy T. Angler. A few weeks ago I posted an article about pictures of a giant alligator on Lake Conroe with a deer in his mouth, that turned out to be a hoax. James father, Dr. Barry James, and his brothers Scott and Jeff James Alligators are know to be in Lake Conroe in the far northeast corners. Texas summers around southeast Texas can be brutal! Last summer was a fluke. Did not get over 100 but maybe twice. 2 years ago. it was over 100 for like 30 days in a row! Not to mention very high humidity and virtually calm conditions. it can get sweltering by 10:30 a.m

Conroe, TX Venomous Snakes. Relatively few snakes are venomous. Of over 2,500 species of snakes in the world, only about 375 are venomous. Of about 116 species of snakes native to the U.S., only 19 are dangerous. Bites of a few species of the rear-fanged snakes sometimes cause harm, but the effects vary. Basic snake biology, behavior, and. Alligator Creek walking trails spark safety concerns in Conroe. As the city of Conroe continues its effort to create hike and bike trails along Alligator Creek, some council members are concerned about the safety of the channel especially during rainstorms. This isn't your typical walking trail, said Councilman Duke Coon Conroe is the only lake in the state with a 16-inch minimum for largemouth bass — a regulation aimed at improving the average size of bass in the reservoir. The withdrawn proposal would have. Creekwood Shooting Sports is Conroe's premier shooting sport destination: a 36-acre outdoor shooting range located 40 miles north of Houston, near beautiful Lake Conroe and the Sam Houston National Forest. The experienced range has been offering shooting-sports entertainment since 1987. VISIT WEBSITE In 2002, photos submerged of an acclaimed 23 foot alligator with a deer encaptured in his mouth, swimming across Lake Conroe. Whether or not the images were real, or photoshopped, remains a mystery. To this day, people around Lake Conroe still have underlying fear that these monsterous creatures are still living in the waters

Close encounter with gators on Lake Livingston stuns

Having owned a home on Lake Conroe with my parents for 20 years we have been customers here since they opened. Not anymore. Despite a mandate from the governor and many sick and now dead Americans, and Texans, this establishment ignores any protocol in regard to protecting the safety of their customers or employees Located on the edge of the Texas Big Thicket National Preserve, about one hour north of Houston, The Retreat at Artesian Lakes offers overnight accommodations in authentic log cabins, log suites, and private log homes. The Retreat at Artesian Lakes is also home to Hilltop Restaurant and Herb Garden, a famous East Texas landmark founded by. LAKE CONROE - Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable's Office has called off a search for two boaters who went missing in Lake Conroe Friday evening. Montgomery County Pct. 1 Captain Joe Sclider said five people went out on a boat in Lake Conroe to enjoy the sunset when a 26-year-old woman fell into the water The Cagle and Double Lake facilities are available by reservations or on a first-come, first-served basis, while Stubblefield is available on a first-come, first-served basis only. Get a taste of lake life - Both Lake Livingston and Lake Conroe are enveloped by the Sam Houston National Forest. Over on the northeast side, the 82,600-acre Lake. Lake Conroe is a scenic 22,000-acre lake in Conroe bordered by the Sam Houston National Forest and the W. Goodrich Jones State Forest making it rich with greenery and wildlife. Historically heralded as a fisherman's paradise, Lake Conroe is home to largemouth Bass, bluegill, channel catfish and white and hybrid striped bass

Lake Conroe and Montgomery, TX, Montgomery. 11,892 likes · 17 talking about this · 12,621 were here. The birthplace of the Lone Star Flag. Welcome to Montgomery, Texas! Photo above taken by Lisa.. Red Bayou, I-10E, Cotton Lake to Bay: All: 4-8 hrs: Must combine with Cotton Lake/Alligators * San Jacinto River East Fork-Lake Houston tributary: High Normal: 4 hrs: Peach Creek, Lake Houston, Barry's favorite of all * San Jacinto R.W. Fork - NW to Lake Conroe to Hou: High: Multiple: 27mi 45 to 59, Deer, petrified wood, rocks, berries ~ San. Lake Conroe. Willis RV Park is nestled in a small inlet on Lake Conroe. Lake Conroe is a very large lake, measuring 22,000 surface acres, 26 miles long 6 miles wide, with 157 miles of shoreline. An average depth of 20 feet, and a maximum depth of 70, there is plenty of room for any water-sport you're interested in Project Dinner Table. Project Dinner Table. Home; About. Experience; Why; Spoonbender; FAQs; Experiences; Purchase; Connect. Contact U

Remember the alligator that stopped traffic on the Fred Hartman Bridge last April? Looks like it told all its gator friends to do the same. On Wednesday night, police were called to Cude Cemetery and FM-1097 near Lake Conroe in Montgomery County after a seven-foot-long, 300-pound alligator was spotted on the road, per Montgomery County.. (For those of you who are not local, Lake Conroe is in Conroe, TX.) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go skiing on Lake Conroe?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall. Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 06:14:24 -0500 This alligator was found between Athens and Palestine, Texas near a house

Dead Alligator Seven Coves Marina Lake Conroe Texas - YouTube

Game officials investigate shooting of alligator at Lake

So, that's at least a 10-11 foot alligator, and might be as long as 12 feet. We had a similar sized gator living in Grand Lake at the Strake Boy Scout camp when I was a kid. Grand Lake is only a 4-5 miles south of Lake Conroe, and both are connected with the San Jacinto River. So, whatever's in one lake can get to the other Officers found him seeking shelter from alligators on an island in the middle of the lake. Authorities used a boat from the Conroe Fire Department to go get the suspect off the island. He was. I've seen several reports of gators in Lake Conroe too. Of course, fishing Sheldon, I see them every trip. Last time, when coming into the boat ramp from fishing, there was a 14 footer laying about 15 feet from my path. I didn't bother it, it didn't bother me

23ft ALLIGATOR in lake conroe 2 Cool Fishing Foru

Lake Conroe, Texas, US Fish Identification Chart. Largemouth Bass Variant Names: Black Bass, Green Trout, Bigmouth Bass, Lineside Bass Smallmouth Bass Variant Names: Brown Bass, Brownie, Bronze Bass Alligator Gar Variant Names: Gator Gar Spotted Gar Variant Names: None Shortnose gar Variant Names: Billy Gar, Short-Billed Gar, Stub-Nose Gar. Conroe nonprofit Treehouse Center in the running for grant funding Keough to seek second term as Montgomery County judge Head-on crash in Conroe claims woman's life New Montgomery County Court at Law judge sworn in In the 'Dark Side' Counterfeit Coupon Operation, 87 people have been identified. Texas Rep Theatre celebrates Rosemary.

In 2013, during a public hunt on the Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area (near Choke Canyon Reservoir), an alligator measured 14-3 was caught. It apparently weighed 800 pounds, and is credited by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department as the official state record. Take your pick, but 14-foot-class 'gators have been authenticated in Texas U.S. Alligator Texas Car accidents Car crash. In the wee hours of Thursday morning, one driver on the Grand Parkway East on Texas Highway 99 ran into a very rude awakening. A colossus alligator. Alligator Rugs. Foxy's Taxidermy lead the way in making alligator rugs as a 3 dimensional mount. Due to the stiff nature of the back skin or horn-back, Foxy developed a technique of mounting the 'gator skin to a wooden foundation and using a mannequin in the neck, body and the tail and this causes a natural, lifelike shape to be achieved to the rug

23 foot gator killed in Texas - Bob Is The Oil Guy

Alligator crossing path at Brazos Bend Park yesterday. Close. Vote. Posted by 5 minutes ago. Alligator crossing path at Brazos Bend Park yesterday. 0 comments. share. Found an isolated island full of birds in lake Conroe. 1/3. 988. 52 comments. share. save. hide. report. 975. Posted by 4 days ago. Hidden behind the loudest liquor store. 3 Day Alligator Hunt including up to a 9 foot Gator: $2,350. Additional Information. We hunt Texas Alligators along creeks, ponds, rivers, and lakes by foot and by boat. Gators feed at night, so your best luck of getting a trophy alligator will be in the morning hours. Our experienced Alligator Guides scout Alligators in the area year-round R4 Art of Maki**. Shrimp tempura, avocado mix with crab meat wrapped with tuna, served with chef special yuzu sauce and homemade eel sauce. $14.00. R5 Chilean Sea Bass Roll**. Inside deep fried cod fish, avocado, and asparagus wrapped in soy paper. Served w/ eel sauce, spicy mayo, and honey wasabi. $14.00 On a pitch-black night in southern Arkansas, four men in a boat battled with a 14ft alligator. It was so large it dragged their boat across the lake.Trey Reid, of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commissio

CAROLINA NATURALLY: Man surrendered to police after

Alligator Gar on the other hand are very abundant, are usually found in packs and can be found near Marinas or low level waterways outside of the main bodies of lake water. These things are basically 80% fish-20% alligator and mostly harmless. Here's an alligator gar as seen on the tv show River Monsters Lake Conroe, built in 1973, is located on the west fork of the San Jacinto River. Building the lake was a joint effort by the City of Houston, the Texas Water Development Board, and the San Jacinto River Authority to have as an alternate water source for the City of Houston. At the widest point, the lake is 6 miles wide The Williamses filed suit against Waterstone, Bowen, Virgin, and Butch's Lake Conroe Bulkhead (Butch's) for property damages resulting from deficiencies in the construction and repair of the bulkhead/retaining wall built in the Williamses' backyard by or at the direction of one or more of either Bowen, Waterstone, Virgin, or Butch's Both lake and pond fishing are available at the recreation area, with bass, crappie, catfish and bluegill being common in the lake as well as the stocked pond. Stubblefield Recreation Area is conveniently located. Located at: Forest Service Rd 216 Huntsville, TX 77340 (936) 344-620